“Learn the art of Rug Tufting with Electronic Hand-held tufting guns”
DATE: 11 July 2021
TIME: 11am – 6pm
In this workshop you will learn to use a tufting gun to make your own small rug! That’s right, an area rug you can put anywhere and cherish forever!
Here are the details:
Handheld Machine Rug tufting workshop lead by Carolyn of All Things EFFY
What is rug tufting?
A quick google search will have you drooling over the amazing art people have created with rug tufting machines.
The machine follows the same principle as other tufting techniques like punch needling. A loop or cut loop is created on one side of the fabric while the backside is a flat stitch.
The machine works fast so in minutes you have created a patch of flat stitches on the back and fluffy loops or cut loops on the front.
What we will learn
– and introduction to the AK-I cut pile machine and a brief introduction to other guns that i sell.
– you will learn how to maintain and service your tufting gun and If you are keen i can show you how to change the pile height on your gun.
– We’ll look at stretching your fabric on a carpet tack frame you will then create a funky simple design and transfer it to your cloth.
– At this point you’ll be off to the races and start tufting your design with either a cut pile gun or a loop pile tufting gun
-You will be able to use either acrylic yarn or rug yarn to complete your design. The rug yarn is $200 dollars extra and this is hand-dyed by Carolyn
– you will then learn how to add secondary backing to your rug and bind it with rug binding.
– by the end of the day you will have a tufted rug and heaps of knowledge so you can keep making beautiful rugs!
-Tea and coffee will be available throughout the afternoon as well as food to fuel your creativity.
What will be supplied with your workshop fee?
– use of a tufting gun
– use of a 28″x 28″ Carpet tack work station
-All the tufting fabric you need (at least two pieces 80cm x80cm)
– Acrylic yarn or Rug yarn wound to cones.
– latex adhesive
– secondary rug backing
– spray adhesive
– Tea, coffee, nibbles.
If you purchase a tufting gun with your workshop you will also receive your carpet tack station.
After the workshop the following will be available for purchase at a discount of 12%:
Tufting guns, Carpet tack work stations, additional fabric, Rug Yarn.
Can’t wait to see you there!!
Prices are as follows:
Workshop Only with Acrylic Yarn: 350+GST
Workshop Only with hand-dyed wool Rug Yarn: 490+GST
Workshop with Gun, Frame & Acrylic Yarn: 720+GST
Workshop with Gun, Frame & hand dyed wool Rug Yarn: 890+GST
Can’t make it in person? Join us online and work through your project with us!