Palm trees, clear blue waters, soft white sand, colonial buildings washed in mustard paint, bougainvillea flowers – meet your next favourite raincoat – the Caribe. This coat will have you bringing the Caribbean sunshine no matter the weather!
Tell me quick:
Conscious fashion at its best – recycled plastic is used to create the lightweight outer waterproof fabric as well as the soft grey mesh lining.
All the deets:
Packable perfection. This rain jacket will fit in the tiniest of spots and weighing in at approx. 500g, is great to have with you for those unexpected, sparkly showers.
- Waterproof to 10 000mm (high), seam sealed (no water can reach you through the seams) and treated with DWR (Durable Water Repellent) means you won’t get wet in a downpour with water beading off you like a duck’s back. This is our highest rated waterproof level.
- Breathable to let water vapour escape while you’re getting from home to work or whiling time away at the farmer’s market on Saturday morning.
- Printed layer of fabric and mesh lining are both made from recycled plastic – this is feel good fashion all the way. Scribbler is so proud to finally be able to offer this to you.
- Reflective elements on side pockets, chest and back so that cars and others can see you in low light. New reflective edging on cuff.
- Two-way front zipper (YKK – cos they’re the best) – so you can ride your bike/horse or sit in your car/a bus comfortably
- New hood shape with 3-way adjustable hood – because nobody wants water in their eyes when they’re trying to see in front of them in a rain shower. Our new hood shape was based on research from our Scribbler fans – better peripheral vision, back of head adjustability and peak adjustability
- Zippered side pockets to keep your valuables dry and safe when out and about
- Internal pocket – for those extra special valuables you want to keep close to your heart (quite literally!)
- Storm flap over the front zip to keep things water tight for you
- Hidden elasticated cuffs to keep water from running down your arm (and cold shivers up your spine!)
- Palm cut out cuff for ease of use now with reflective on edge
- Longer back scoop to protect you even more when moving about
- Chin guard to protect your chin from the gorgeous yellow zip
Rae wears a size 8 (S) and Lan wears a size 16 (2XL).
Sizes range from 6 (XS) – 22 (5XL).
To clean your coat we recommend washing with Nikwax Tech Wash. Then, if your jacket requires DWR re-proofing, wash with Nikwax TX.Direct.